Monday, April 16, 2007

Some errors

VERSION 2
Torrent

ahhh. apparently in the mkv some stuff went wrong.. Sorry! I heard that the fonts were attached and stuff. Well, I have never encoded and mkv before, so it looked fine on mine. Sorry!
And in regards to the capital and stuff... well.. the font we used 'komika axis' is all in capitals. So we din't bother changing it. I was told that some people who din't have the font view it as arial.. which mean it can be quite screwed up. Sorry about that.
If you prefer, you can wait for the .avi. its coming out in like.. 8 hours time..

and if u watched it from crunchyroll.. well.. he converted our mkv. and lost A LOT of stuff. so tbh it looks like shit. i was like... omg... this is screwed. when i viewed it on crunchyroll..

here are some screenies on how it should look like.







4 comments:

Stomp said...

I hate to nag, so I'm not going to. Instead, I will offer constructive criticism. It's different from nagging, technically. Anyway, on with the nagging.

Please tell me you're not married to that font and color. I can learn to cope with an all-caps typeface, but the pale orangey cream color offers very little contrast with the white text, causing everything to bleed together into a eye-bending blob.

I like blobs as much as the next guy, but it's still hard to read.

choupunz said...

oh? i found it kinda ok for me. hmm.. maybe i'll change it next time then

bakavic said...

Hmm, I was wondering about why most of the subs wasn't capitalized lol. (I was one of those who didn't have the required font)

Would be nice if capitalization was used though ;)

Tadrith said...

I understand that you guys are probably most if not all new to fansubbing, so I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just helping out a bit.

I don't know if you guys got some scripts mixed up or something, but the opening karaoke is horribly mixed up. The english doesn't match the romaji at many points and the romaji doesn't match the japanese at the top at a few points.

I won't speak for the transcription itself since until official lyrics are released it's up to interpretation, but please at least try to keep things working together.

I haven't watched the rest of the episode yet, but you do really need to do something about the font color like stomp said. It's very difficult to read on a monitor and all but impossible on a TV. Once I get around to watching the rest you may see some more from me :P